Join ISMLA as a Member School and benefit from the following:
- A half-termly bulletin with articles written by language teachers in independent schools and universities, reviews of resources, and relevant news items. The bulletin also gives members the opportunity to publish details of their own projects and events
- An annual national conference, which in 2019 took place at Cheadle Hulme School. The next conference, in Summer 2022, will take place at Charterhouse School, Covid-permitting.
- An annual Teachers’ day with a specific language focus. In June 2019 we held a German Teachers’ Day at KCL in London. On 9 November 2019 we hosted a French Teachers’ Day at University College School, London.
- Representation through the committee of the views of independent school linguists to national bodies such as awarding bodies, Ofqual, the Department for Education and HMC.
- Subsidies to facilitate and sponsor regional meetings, pupil events across sectors and teach meets.
- Access to a mentoring scheme with linguist senior managers for those members with aspirations to move onto a senior management role.
- Access to a members’ Facebook, Instagram and Twitter group for information, facilitating discussion and sharing of ideas. (You will be contacted on application to confirm which school you belong to)