Before the event
Please complete this short questionnaire, put together by our keynote speaker Dr Liam Printer, in advance of the event.
Please find the link to the conference programme here.
Conference registration opens at 09.15 at the main entrance (Old House) of NLCS, accessible from Canons Drive.
Travel by public transport
If at all possible, we recommend that you travel to the Conference by public transport. The nearest tube stations are Canons Park (Jubilee Line) and Edgware (Northern Line). There are no planned works affecting the Jubilee line on 27th January, but you should check the status of the Underground and London rail connections before you travel in the normal way.
From Canons Park: Turn left out of the station and then left again up Donnefield Avenue until you get to the gates of Canons Park. The School gates are at the far side of the park. This walk takes about 8 minutes.
From Edgware: . Turn left out of the station. When you reach the crossroads, you will need to cross the road, turn right and then cross again. You will see the white marble pillars marking the entrance to Canons Drive. Proceed all the way along to the School gates. The walk takes about 15 minutes.
Travel by car
There are two entrances to the school, but you are asked to use the Canons Drive entrance. Please be mindful that Google Maps may direct you to our Dalkeith Grove entrance, which is not the correct entrance. Please the postcode HA8 7RJ on your SatNav.
- If coming from the M25 (clockwise), exit at Junction 19 and follow signs for the A41. Follow that through North Watford until you reach the slip road onto the M1 (Southbound) and then follow instructions below:
- If coming from the M1, exit at Junction 4 (to Harrow/Edgware) and merge onto the A41. When you reach a roundabout, take the second exit, right, onto the Spur Road and then at the next roundabout turn left onto the A5.
- If coming from the M25 (anticlockwise), exit at Junction 23 and take the A1 southbound. At the second large roundabout take the fourth exit onto A41 Edgware Way. At the roundabout take the first exit left onto the Spur Road and then at the next roundabout turn left onto the A5.
After ½ a mile, turn right into Canons Drive which is just before you reach the Edgware shops. The entrance to Canons Drive has white marble pillars on either side. Continue all the way to the end of Canons Drive and enter through school gates. There is limited parking at the Canons Drive entrance: please arrive early to secure a convenient parking space. If you can’t find space, return onto Canons Drive where there is plenty of free parking a short walk from the school.
Delegates are encouraged to share comments and photographs on social media, using the hashtag #ISMLA2024.
- On Twitter/X – @ismla_uk
- Instagram – @ismla_uk
- Facebook – ISMLA (Independent Schools’ Modern Languages Association)
- LinkedIn – ISMLA (Independent Schools’ Modern Languages Association)
These have all been sent out. Do please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have not received one. It would be greatly appreciated if colleagues could ensure payments are made in advance of the Conference. Thank you.
Please do not attend if you have tested positive in the last few days.
If you have any queries re #ISMLA2024 please do not hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com